This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
This is suuuuuch a pretty skirt suit from UK brand Hobbs.
(Fun fact: so many things there are machine washable, including the skirt here! The jacket says “dry clean,” but not “dry clean only,” so you could in theory wash it carefully in the machine.)
My first thought here was that it reminds me of a Kate Middleton wore a few years ago that was so lovely it prompted a reader to write in and wonder whether it was appropriate to wear interesting suits like this to court. (K-Mid? Duchess Kate? What are we calling her these days?))
In any event: the suit is new in, so all sizes (US sizes 0-16) are in stock. The jacket is $480, and the skirt is $275.
Workwear sales of note for 10.2.23:
- Nordstrom – 28,000 markdowns, and big beauty sale!
- Ann Taylor – Extra 30% off all sale styles
- Athleta – 25% off for members, 20% off core
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything + extra 20% off purchase
- Brooks Brothers – Extra 25% off women’s clearance (ends Monday 10/2) – some great basics on wool suits for women
- The Fold – Mid-season sale, up to 40% off!
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off select sale styles, 30% off fall styles, and 30% off men’s and boys’ suiting
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything
- M.M.LaFleur – Sale on sale, extra 10% off
- Reiss – Mid-season sale, up to 50% off
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase
- Theory – Friends + Family sale, 25% off sitewide
- Zappos – 18,500+ markdowns for women!