Readers recently had a discussion on what color tights to wear with navy skirts — and I agree with the general consensus, which is black tights, and black shoes. Another iteration of that sentiment is to have your tights match EITHER your skirt or your shoes — so in theory it could be navy skirt and navy tights with black (or red, or purple, or some other color) shoes.
The main problem with this is that good navy tights are really hard to find — they’re never quite the right color, and it’s hard to match them to a sedate navy suit. So I was intrigued when I noticed that Falke makes a number of sedate but colorful tights in two deniers, opaque and semi-opaque for $35–$50.
Hunting for something more affordable? These $17 Amazon tights have 7,700+ great reviews, and come in 29 (!) different colors, including numerous shades of dark blue — but they do look a lot less matte than the Falke tights.
Know your office before wearing them, but I think that colorful tights can be a nice pop of color for work outfits — and a monotone outfit can be really sophisticated in a color that isn’t the usual black or beige (you can see examples of both here). Readers, what are your thoughts?
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 12.3.21…
- Nordstrom – Up to 50% off! TONS of sales on reader-favorite lingerie brands like Natori, True & Co, Hanky Panky, and Wacoal — lots of Zella and Barefoot Dreams on sale too!
- Lo & Sons – Up to 60% off (through 12/5)
- Ann Taylor – 60% off select full-price styles; 60% of all sale styles
- Loft – 40% off your purchase
- J.Crew – 40% off sweaters, coats & more
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything; extra 50% off clearance
- Banana Republic Factory – 60% off everything
- Lands’ End – Up to 70% off
- Eloquii – Up to 50% off