This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sure, we all know what wardrobe essentials for work professional women are supposed to have in their closets, but if you’re buying one for the first time or replacing one you’ve worn into the ground, it can be a pain to find exactly the right incarnation in stores. In “The Hunt,” we search the stores for a basic item that every woman should have.
In our last poll, most of our readers were still working from home for the foreseeable future — but for those of you heading into the office soon, or building up a comfortable work-from-home wardrobe, I thought we’d do a mini roundup of the best lightweight summer pants for women. (We also did a Hunt for the best women’s shorts for summer last week!)
Do tell, ladies — which are your favorite lightweight summer pants for women? If you’re working from home, have you reached for any of your summer dress pants, or are you just sticking with something else, like shorts or activewear?
Psst: We stand by almost all of our choices for the best pants for work in general, as well as our advice for what to wear to work in summer — but it’s been far too long since we discussed stylish summer dress pants for women!
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
The Best Lightweight Summer Pants for Women
First, some general categories of lightweight summer pants for women to round up:
- Hall of Famers (specific styles that have stood the test of time): all pictured below!
- Under $100: Old Navy, Express, Uniqlo, Hue
- Plus sizes: Old Navy, Nic & Zoe (sign up for our newsletter focusing on plus-size workwear!)
- Petite sizes: Express, Old Navy, Nic & Zoe, Brooks Brothers
- Tall sizes: Express, Old Navy, Uniqlo
- Pregnancy sizes: See all of our picks for the best maternity pants for the office!
- Special Fabrics:
- Linen Pants for Work: Ann Taylor, J.Crew Factory, Theory, Nic & Zoe, Reformation, Reiss, NYDJ, Eileen Fisher, Veronica Beard, MM.LaFleur, Brooks Brothers, J.Crew, Boden, Loft, Banana Republic
- Linen (plus sizes): Nic & Zoe, NYDJ, Eileen Fisher, Foxcroft, MMLF
- Seersucker Pants for Work: J.Crew, Brooks Brothers (regular & petite), Talbots, Banana Republic Factory (regular and petite up to size 20)
- Cotton Pique: Krazy Larry, Anne Klein, Max Mara, St. John
- Lightweight Summer Pants, Other: Everlane, Hue
Pixie pants are a long-standing reader favorite, especially since they have options from $14–$45, in regular, petite, tall, and plus sizes up to 4X.
These are the priciest of the bunch, at $128–$138, but readers love these for a great reason — their pull-on waistband makes them extraordinarily comfortable! They’re also machine washable.
Readers, how about you — which are your favorite lightweight summer pants for women?
(Looking for seersucker pants? These are the best ones now…)
Like this feature? Check out other recent installments!