On the hunt for washable suits for women? They can be hard to find, so we’ve updated our picks.
Courtroom Attire for Women Lawyers
What is the best courtroom attire for women lawyers? What are the best suits to wear to court -- and must you wear heels and pantyhose? We discuss many topics relating to conservative offices and looking professional as a young woman -- but below is collection of our best posts discussing fashion questions about court appearances. Pantsuits or skirt suits? Interesting/fun suits? The best budget suits? We've talked about it all. These other features and guides may be of interest to you, as well:
- our frequently updated Guide to Interview Attire
- our frequently updated Guide to Comfortable Heels
- our popular Suit of the Week feature
- for more casual days where you don't need a suit, check out our daily workwear reports, suggesting one item of work-appropriate clothing in a range of prices (Mondays are splurges; Fridays are always under $50!) -- as well as our Wardrobe Essentials for Work page, with all of our favorite basics for work like blouses, skirts, pants and more.
- just starting out? Check out our resources for summer associates!
Can you wear “interesting” suits to court? A reader was inspired by Kate Middleton, but wondered…
What do you look for in a great backpack for work? We’re updating our favorites for 2023.
Hunting for the most comfortable work heels? We round up some favorites in every category…
If you don’t own one yet, you will be SHOCKED at how versatile the light blue suit is… so we’re rounding up our favorites for 2023!
Readers, what do you look for in a laptop bag? Which are the best laptop totes in 2023?
We’ve just done a major update on our guide to the best tops for under women’s shirts – come check it out!
Do you feel like there are rules around when double-breasted blazers should be buttoned vs. unbuttoned? In a broader sense, do you recognize any rules around when to button or unbutton your blazers?
Wondering where to find interview suits if you’re pregnant? So were we, so we took a look…
Are short-sleeved suits appropriate for young women in professional jobs — or are they horribly frumpy and tacky
If you’re still wearing heels occasionally (or would like to), what do you think are the best products to make high heels more comfortable? What are your best tips for being comfortable in heels in general?
What will you be carrying to the office when you’re heading back: a backpack, a tote, or something else entirely?