Looking for some of our best holiday business etiquette advice? You’ve come to the right place!
General Holiday Business Etiquette
- Office Holiday Party Etiquette Tips
- Holiday Networking: Our Best Tips
- Holidays, Vacations, and Office Etiquette
- Cupcakes and the Office — How to Say No to Sugary Treats (If You Want To) Without Making Your Coworkers Hate You
This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Great Gift Ideas for Secretaries, Assistants, and Others
Also check out all of our favorite “little things,” low-cost items perfect for office gifts.
What to Wear to a Low-Key Office Holiday Party
If it’s held on a workday or in the afternoon, you’re going to want to skip anything with too much bling and go for “festive but still professional.”
Hunting for festive blazers for 2023/24? Stay tuned for a bigger roundup, but on the affordable side we like J.Crew Factory and Loft — and this Eliza J one is almost always in stock. On the more expensive side, check Reiss, Paige, and L’Agence. (Love this green iridescent houndstooth from L’Agence, also!)
- What to Wear to a Holiday Office Party
- A Roundup of Stylish Velvet Blazers: When You Want to Look Professional But Feel a Little Fancy
- What to Wear to the Holiday Party at the Boss’s House
What to Wear to a Fancy Gala for Work (aka the Office Prom)
It can be tough to stay professional AND wear a gown — and the wrong gown can lead to some serious regrets.
- What Not to Wear to a Black Tie Affair
- Black Tie on a Budget
- How to Do Black Tie on the Cheap
- The Best Semi-Formal Attire for Work Events
- What to Wear to a Black-Tie Dinner for a Benefit
Our Latest Favorite Evening Gowns for Black-Tie and Gala Work Events
Hunting for plus-size gowns for black-tie work events? For affordable options we like like Kiyonna, City Chic, Reformation, Anthropologie, and eShakti — also check out bridesmaid brands like BHLDN and Birdy Grey. If you’re open to spending more, check out Marina Rinaldi and Lafayette 148 New York (limited options).
Holiday Cards — And Coworkers
(HO HO Holy Batman Do I Have To Send One to Everyone?)
- Do You Send Holiday Cards to Friends and Colleagues?
- Is There Such a Thing as Professional Family Holiday Cards? [CorporetteMoms]
- Etiquette Flash: Navigating the Tricky Waters of Holiday Cards
- Reader Mail: Which Co-Workers Get a Holiday Card?
Spend Spend Spend: Tipping and Giving During the Holidays
- What Are You Getting Your Assistant for the Holidays? (poll result)
- Holiday Tipping (and our older poll on What to Tip Your Secretary for the Holidays)
- Should You Buy a Holiday Gift for Your Boss?
- Reader Mailbag: Hostess Gifts?
- Gift Guide: Personalized, Small Gifts for Your Assistant or Secretary
- How to Buy Jewelry for the Women in Your Life
- Gift Ideas (recent posts)
- (for the working moms:) The Best Teacher Gifts [CorporetteMoms]
Year-End Personal Finance Tips
- Seven Financial Steps to Take at the End of the Year
- How to Respond to a Good Bonus (and what to buy with your bonus)
- When Your Coworker Pressures You to Give To Charity
General Work-Life Balance Advice Around the Holidays
- Holiday Delegating Ideas: Do, Delegate or Nope [CorporetteMoms]
- Seasonal Holiday Decor — and Working Moms [CorporetteMoms]
- Mamas, Holidays and Stress [CorporetteMoms]
- The Busy Woman’s Guide to Last-Minute Cleaning
- How to Get a Ton Done in a Quiet Office Around the Holidays
(Planning ahead to the New Year? Here are some of our top posts on resolutions for busy women.)
Stock photo credit (at top): Deposit Photos / poznyakov.