Travel back in the Corporette time capsule… Here’s what was on our minds oh so many moons ago.
Curious about holiday business etiquette? We’ve rounded up all of our best posts on the topic right here.
One year ago…
- Top Ten Corporette Posts of 2016
- Repeating Outfits at Work: How Often Do You Do It?
- How to Take Advantage of a Quiet Office at the Holidays
- Open Thread: Who Are Your Celebrity Crushes?
Two years ago…
- Top Ten Corporette Posts of 2015
- Putting Together Work Outfits Using Suit Separates
- Tales from the Wallet: Black Tie on a Budget
- Open Thread: Vacation Time
- Should You Keep Your Blog a Secret at Work?
Three years ago…
- How to Blend Conservative Style with Business Casual
- Lunch with Partners: Who Picks up the Tab?
- Tales from the Wallet: Refinancing Student Loans (guest post by reader Blonde Lawyer)
Four years ago…
Five years ago…
- How to De-Smell Your Office (Without Annoying Your Coworkers)
- Holidays, Vacations, and Office Etiquette
- Pumping While Working at a Different Office
Six years ago…
- How to Get Up REALLY Early (and How It Affects Your Career/Personal Happiness)
- When Your Coworker Pressures You to Give to Charity
- My Experience With Freezing My Eggs (guest post by Auntie M)
- The Importance of Eyebrow Maintenance
- How to Give an Exit Interview for a Job You Hated
Seven years ago…
- The Best Briefcase for Women
- What’s TOO Casual for a Weekend at the Office?
- How to Take Care of Your Tights
Eight years ago…*
- Which Coworkers Get a Holiday Card?
- How to Build Your Emergency Fund (and Where to Keep It)
- What to Wear to the Holiday Party at the Boss’s House
Nine years ago…*
- Etiquette Flash: Navigating the Tricky Waters of Holiday Cards
- Poll Results: What To Tip Your Secretary for the Holidays
- Reader Mail: Is Vintage Appropriate to Wear to the Office?
- Poll: Can Younger Women Wear Colorful Suits?
*N.B. Before March 2010, Kat was still anonymous — please excuse the royal “we” in the older posts! :)
There was a post in 2011 about the importance of eyebrow maintenance. But now it seems that full eyebrows are “in.” In Feb an esthetician made my brows way too thin, and since then I haven’t plucked them at all. I have been trying different gels to make them look fuller and neater. Has anyone else stopped tweezing/waxing/threading this year?
Kat, I reread the p’ost about desmelling our offices, and it has been 5 years and I still have the same issues with the manageing partner and Frank, particularly Frank, except we moved offices so we no longer have a toilet in the middel of the office. FOOEY! Frank still lets out alot of gas, and some of our cleint’s have mentioned this to me b/c they have to go past his desk to get to the conference room and they DO smell it. DOUBEL FOOEY! All I tell them isthat he eat’s alot of beans and LEGUMES, so that is why he is giving off what he does. I am now a Partner, so I have my own office, but it is within SMELLING distance from his desk. TRIPEL FOOEY!