Which were your favorite posts of the year, readers? Here are some of my favorite posts and discussion posts, as well as our top posts of the year by traffic statistics!
(Feel free to use this post for threadjacking!)
Note that you can check out this page for our top posts of all time!
Our Top Posts of 2021 (By Traffic)
(according to Google Analytics 12-22-21)
- The Best Work Dresses
- The Best Dress Pants for Women
- What Not to Wear to Work
- 10 Great Mocktail Recipes for Dry January
- How to Make an Outfit Look More Put Together
- The Best Bodysuits for Work Outfits
- Wearing Kids’ Clothes When You’re Petite
- 10 New Places to Shop for Stylish Workwear Clothes
- What’s Your Morning Routine?
- Power Dresses for Work
Kat Other Favorite Articles of the Year
- The Best Short Makeup Routines
- Personal Finance Advice for New Grads
- How to Know the Unwritten Rules at a New Job
- Eco-Friendly Clothes to Wear to Work
- Executive Functioning Tips and Tricks
- Bad Career Advice: What to Ignore
- The Best Sewing Patterns for Workwear Outfits (don’t miss the commenters’ additions!)
- How Not to Look Dowdy at Work
- Readers’ Tips on Paying Down Debt (collected from a few different money snapshots!)
- How to Avoid Doing Non-Promotable Tasks at Work
- 10 Stores that Offer Free Alterations
Hunts and Other Roundups I Loved
You can see all of our Hunts here…
- Small Purchases that Make You Happy (I always love these little roundups!)
- Great Gift Ideas for the Household
- The Best Dress Pants for Women (and also check out our more recent hunt for The Best Women’s Dress Pants for Winter – wool flannel, wool blends, velvet and corduroy, oh my!
- The Best Collared Shirts for the Office (this one needed a major update, and the button-front blouse is having a huge moment right now!)
- The Best Hiking Gear for Women
- Eco-Friendly Clothes to Wear to Work
- Best Sweater Jackets for the Office (and we did a separate roundup for the best sweater jackets for plus sizes!)
- The Best Coats for Work
- The Best Cardigans for Work and Play
- Colorful Sheath Dresses for the Office
- The Best No-Show Underwear
Great Discussions with the Readers
(These are posts that mainly pose a question to readers — we’re going to try to do a separate post for threadjacks of the year — let us know if you have any favorites!)
- generational divides in the workplace
- how long should your resume be?
- how much people spent on their wedding (see also: where did you go on your honeymoon?)
- red flags when you’re dating someone
- what do you eat for breakfast
- morning routines
- which college major we’d all choose now
- how acceptable are piercings at the office in 2021?
- the right way to take a mental health day
- sleeping well – tips and products that make a difference
- which charities do you give to
- did your university prepare you for workplace sexism
- best sunscreen
- what to wear on a first date
- our favorite loungewear
- the biggest change to level up your home
- readers shared how job-hunting has changed for them recently
- work-from-home flexibility and how important it is to you going forward
- readers shared their best decluttering advice
- how messy is your bedroom?
Top Morning Workwear Reports by Traffic
By reader request we’re going to include the 10 morning workwear reports of 2021 with the most page views, as well! Stay tuned for later in the week when we round up some of our favorite actual items from the morning workwear reports and more!
(When I pull the analytics reports for the past year starting Jan. 1, I see a lot of older posts in the traffic reports also — the above list only represents the new substantive posts we published this past year. Workwear reports are in the list also but we don’t include them with the substantive posts; readers last year asked for the list. These probably represent the posts that got a lot of comments or heated debate; they may also include threadjacks that were featured on the sidebar. Our list of “top posts of all time” includes just the top 10 posts from reports representing 2008-2021.)
- Wool Gabardine Wide Leg Cuff Pants (July 26)
- Faux Wrap Knit Dress (Feb. 24)
- Cross-Front Flutter-Sleeve Dress (April 15)
- Midi Mckenna Dress (Sept. 20)
- The Tory Dress (Mar. 31)
- Ruffle Sleeveless Eyelet Blouse (May 7)
- Islington Blouse (Mar. 21)
- Trimmed Cady Blazer (Sept. 27)
- Kesteven Cashmere Sweater (Jan. 12)
- Simone Silk Blouse (Feb. 8)
Which were your favorite posts of 2021, readers?
Looking for older roundups like this? Here were our top posts and favorites from 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2010.